OSA Midyear Conference: Academic Presentations (Videos)
The Oromo Studies Association (OSA) hosted its mid-year conference this year on March 16, 2013, at the Georgia State University. OSA has recorded and collected these conference’s presentations within its YouTube account (OSA Channel). Please visit the YouTube channel by clicking here.
For the topics of the panels, please see description below the videos.
Dr. Ibrahim Elemo and Dr. Mosisa Aga
Obbo Kadiro Elemo
Prof. Ismail Abdullahi (Panel 2) and Prof. Daniel Ayana (Panel 3)
Dr. Asafa Jalata & Dr. Harwood Schaffer
Prof. Mohammad Hassen, Prof. Ismail Abdullahi & Prof. Gobena Huluka – Panel 3:
Questions and Answers (Q&A)
Descriptions of the Panels:
* Panel 1: Post-Meles Ethiopia and the Prospects for the National Liberation Struggle
- Dr. Ibrahim Elemo: “Reflections on Socio-Political Changes; Issues Impacting the Oromo Struggle”
- Dr. Mosisa Aga: “Bilisummaa Oromiyaa fi Qooda Hawaasa Biyyaa Ambaa”
- Obbo Kadiro Elemo: “U.S. Misguided and Short-sighted Foreign Policy: A Challenge to the Oromo Struggle”
* Panel 2: Issues of Crises in Leadership and Organizational Capacity Building in the Oromo National Movement
- Dr. Asafa Jalata: “Organizational Capacity Building for Unifying and Empowering the Oromo Nation”
- Dr. Harwood Schaffer: “The Psychology of Liberation in the Ethiopian Context”
- Prof. Ismail Abdullahi: “Oromo Organizational Leadership”
* Panel 3: Oromo Religion and Ecology, Issues of Land-Grab in Oromia, and the Legacy of the Oromo Hero the Late Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa
- Prof. Mohammed Hassen (and Prof. Ismail Abdullahi): “Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa and His Legacy in the Struggle of the Oromo for Freedom”
- Prof. Gobena Huluka: “Land-Grab and Violations of Human Rights in Oromia”
- Prof. Danial Ayana: “Early Settlement Patterns; Current Land-Grabbing in the Ethiopian Empire”
The Oromo Studies Association (OSA) hosted its mid-year conference this year on March 16, 2013, at the Georgia State University. OSA has recorded and collected this conference’s presentations within its YouTube account (OSA Channel). Please visit the YouTube channel by clicking here.
Title: OSA Midyear Conference: Academic Presentations (Videos)
Hayyoonni keenya sochiin isin gootan ammallee gayaamiti.maaliif gara firii argamsiisurratti hedduu hojjachuu qabnna.Be active by all sector men we are to late our struggle is should be active and active from time to time.
OSA is trying its best. It should be judged as a civic organization. OSA shouldnot be blamed for failure in politics. The Oromo people at large and our political leaders are responsible for the politics.
Disclaimer: Videos embedded here are meant to bring awareness to the Oromo Gadaa civilization in the areas of culture, history, business, politics and so on through rich media. The views expressed in the videos do not necessarily represent the views of Gadaa.com. Gadaa.com can not be responsible for the content, quality and/or copyright compliance status of these videos.
If you have a question:
1) About videos embedded here by Gadaa.com, email your concerns to Contact@Gadaa.com or submit your concerns through Gadaa.com/Contact page 2) About videos embedded here, but are from either YouTube or Google Video, then contact the user, who uploaded the video in question to YouTube or Google Video, and/or report to YouTube or Google directly.
Copyright (C) TUBE Video - All Rights Reserved | Watch TV