“Run for Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa” in Winnipeg, Canada
By Oromo Community Reporter
On Saturday, June 1, 2013, Oromos in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada), participated on 10km run for their hero Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa. This is a yearly event organized by human rights organizations in Winnipeg, called “Run for Right.” The Oromos proudly exhibited Run for Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa. The event was so successful, and the Oromo community is already preparing for next year 10K “Run for Jaarraa Abbaa Gadaa,” and is working on inviting prominent runners from Oromia. After the 10K run, the runners were treated with delicious Oromo traditional food prepared by Winnipeg’s Oromo Women’s Association.
PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT:
RULES FOR COMMENTING:
Gadaa.com values your inputs, and to maintain a positive environment of discussion, the following rules will be enforced for comments. When you click SUBMIT COMMENT below, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules.
1. Apply common-sense respect and courtesy. Feel free to express your thoughts within the limits of civility.
2. Personal attacks, offensive language and unsubstantiated allegations are not allowed.
3. By submitting your comments, you take all the responsibility, legal or otherwise, for your comments.
4. Comments are naturally short. Long comments may be removed; for long comments, feel free to submit them as articles to be posted on their own.
5. Gadaa.com reserves the right to remove comments that do not follow the rules stated here.
6. Frequent offenders of the above rules will lose future posting privileges.
How to Use the New Comment Section
1. One can sign in using social networking services (if using this, click on "Sign In With your preferred social networking service")
2. One can also comment as "Guest" (no log-in required; for this, click on "Pick A Name" AND check the "I'd rather post as guest" button.)
(ONLY NAME and EMAIL are required; no password needed if commenting as Guest.)
3. To SUBMIT comments for moderation, click on the "Arrow" sign.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments do not reflected the views of Gadaa.com unless explicitly stated otherwise by Gadaa.com; Gadaa.com IS NOT accountable for any thought and content of comments.