The Latest Edition of Ogina Arrives at the Digital Newsstand
The following is a statement announcing the release of the latest edition of Ogina, a webzine (web-based (maga)zine) featuring art, literature, interviews, and criticism that relate, directly or indirectly, to the experiences of Oromo in Diaspora.
The editorial staff of Ogina: Oromo Arts in Diaspora is pleased to announce the release of its sixth issue. This new issue includes a variety of excellent and original creative cultural work by Oromo people and friends of Oromo people from all over the world. The special feature on Roba Bulga includes not only clips from his movie “Jeans and Marto” but also the video of an interview between him and professor Steven Thomas, and two of Roba’s poems — one in English, one in Afan Oromo. The issue also includes essays on Oromo wedding poetry, the Addoyyee institution, and the mainstream media’s representation of the Red Terror.
The Ogina staff also announce that they are looking for new editorial staff members to help with the next issue. If you are interested in supporting Ogina, please e-mail email@example.com.
For more info about Ogina, please refer to: http://ogina.org/aboutus.html
Ogina Editorial Staff
RULES FOR COMMENTING:
Gadaa.com values your inputs, and to maintain a positive environment of discussion, the following rules will be enforced for comments. When you click SUBMIT COMMENT below, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules.
1. Apply common-sense respect and courtesy. Feel free to express your thoughts within the limits of civility.
2. Personal attacks, offensive language and unsubstantiated allegations are not allowed.
3. By submitting your comments, you take all the responsibility, legal or otherwise, for your comments.
4. Comments are naturally short. Long comments may be removed; for long comments, feel free to submit them as articles to be posted on their own.
5. Gadaa.com reserves the right to remove comments that do not follow the rules stated here.
6. Frequent offenders of the above rules will lose future posting privileges.
How to Use the New Comment Section
1. One can sign in using social networking services (if using this, click on "Sign In With your preferred social networking service")
2. One can also comment as "Guest" (no log-in required; for this, click on "Pick A Name" AND check the "I'd rather post as guest" button.)
(ONLY NAME and EMAIL are required; no password needed if commenting as Guest.)
3. To SUBMIT comments for moderation, click on the "Arrow" sign.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments do not reflected the views of Gadaa.com unless explicitly stated otherwise by Gadaa.com; Gadaa.com IS NOT accountable for any thought and content of comments.
Comments are closed.