Qeerroo Oromiyaa: Freedom, Liberty and Democracy Shall Prevail!
The following is a press release from the National Youth Movement for Freedom and Democracy (NYMFD) – Sochii Dargaggoota Biyyoolessaa, Bilisummaa fi Dimokraasiif (SDBBD). The statement is in Afaan Oromoo and English.
Bilisummaa, Walabummaa fi Dimokiraasiin ni Mo’ata!
Warraaqsi Itoophiyaa keessatti mandi?uuf jiru fakkii warraqsota biyyoota Kaaba Afrikaa, kan akka Tunisia, Egypt fi biyyoota Giddu-galeessa Bahaa ti. Sochiin ummataa godinaa kanneen keessatti eegalame ergaa seena-qabeessa tahe addunyaa hubachiise. Haalli keessa jirru yeroo itti dimokirasii fi sagaleen ummataa bulchiinsa abbaa irrootaa fi sirna cunqursaa siyaasaa isaan gaggeessan irratti ol-aantummaa argate tahuu mirkaneesse. Haa tahu malee hundeen dhibdee sochii warraaqsa nuti gaggeessinu fi wareegamni nu gaafatu warren kan irraa addummaa qabaata.
Nuti bartootni Oromoo fi bartootni saboota miidhaa bittaa jala jirruu ummata Itoophiyaas tahe hawaasa addunyaatti quca warraaqsaa qabsiisuu keenya kunoo ifatti labsineerra. Seenaa wareegama bartoota Oromoo dhiheenya taasisameef bakka guddaa kennaa nutis wareegama bilisummaa baasuuf murteessanne. Bara baraan gabrummaa keessa jiraachuu irra bilisummaaf utuu falmannuu, wareegama seena-qabeessa taheef kufuu filanne. Ummatootni Ittophiyaa keessaas yaamicha keenya dhagahanii, miidhaa, cunqursaa fi gabrummaa of irraa dhabamsiisanii, bilisummaa, walabummaa fi sirna dimokiraasii haqaa dhugoomsatanii biyya isaanii keessa kabajaan jiraachuuf goca bilisummaa bakka hundatti akka qabsisanii qalbii fi onnee guutuun akka nu waliin hiriiran guddisnee abdanna.
Freedom, Liberty and Democracy Shall Prevail!
This revolution in Ethiopia has obviously been inspired by the Tunisian, Egyptian and other on going revolutions in North Africa and the Middle East. Popular movements in the region have sent a historically vital global message, namely, that it is time for democracy and sovereignty of peoples to prevail over dictatorial rules and despotic political systems in the region. However, the substantive elements that cause and nourish our revolution remain specific and home grown.
Hereby, we Oromo and all other oppressed peoples students declare to the world and the Ethiopian peoples that we are committed to be first in torching the revolution. Given the recent history of Oromo students’ movement, we are cognizant of the price of freedom. We are determined to die in freedom than living in slavery. We are confident that soon the remaining Ethiopian peoples would follow us in upholding the torch of the revolution so that their oppression, suffering and slavery end here and now and give way, once and for all, for liberty, freedom and democracy to prevail.
RULES FOR COMMENTING:
Gadaa.com values your inputs, and to maintain a positive environment of discussion, the following rules will be enforced for comments. When you click SUBMIT COMMENT below, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules.
1. Apply common-sense respect and courtesy. Feel free to express your thoughts within the limits of civility.
2. Personal attacks, offensive language and unsubstantiated allegations are not allowed.
3. By submitting your comments, you take all the responsibility, legal or otherwise, for your comments.
4. Comments are naturally short. Long comments may be removed; for long comments, feel free to submit them as articles to be posted on their own.
5. Gadaa.com reserves the right to remove comments that do not follow the rules stated here.
6. Frequent offenders of the above rules will lose future posting privileges.
How to Use the New Comment Section
1. One can sign in using social networking services (if using this, click on "Sign In With your preferred social networking service")
2. One can also comment as "Guest" (no log-in required; for this, click on "Pick A Name" AND check the "I'd rather post as guest" button.)
(ONLY NAME and EMAIL are required; no password needed if commenting as Guest.)
3. To SUBMIT comments for moderation, click on the "Arrow" sign.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments do not reflected the views of Gadaa.com unless explicitly stated otherwise by Gadaa.com; Gadaa.com IS NOT accountable for any thought and content of comments.